Saturday, February 1, 2014

Scorecard Review – January 2014



The start of a new year always brings me hope that I will improve how well I do playing games.  Unfortunately this year like many years that hope is dashed by the end of January as my expectations for doing better at playing board games does not intersect with reality.

January

Now that the holiday season is over, I was able to get back into the groove of attending the events I regularly go to.

In December I was able to play 20 games at 8 events for an average of 2.5 games per event.  I would prefer to be at 3 games per event but I have been playing longer games at week night events so that has kept my average down.

I won 4 games in January compared to the 3 that I won in December.  I came in second four times, third seven times, and fourth five times.  My average standing from January was 2.68 compared to the 2.25 I had in December.

I played four games more than once in January:  Organic Soup, Russian Railroads, Wildcatters, and Yunnan.

I played four games for the first time in January:  Coal Baron, Coney Island, Euphoria, and Yunnan.

My stats for January are:

Game
No. of Plays
1st
2nd
3rd
4th
5th
6th
7th
8th
 Avg.
Australian Rails
1
      -
      -
      1
      -
      -
      -


  3.00
Boxcars
1
      -
      -
      1
      -
      -
      -


  3.00
British Rails
1
      1
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -


  1.00
Coal Baron
1
      -
      -
      -
      1
      -
      -
      -
      -
  4.00
Coney Island
1
      -
      -
      1
      -
      -
      -
      -

  3.00
Euphoria
1
      -
      -
      -
      1
      -
      -
      -
      -
  4.00
India Rails
1
      -
      -
      1
      -
      -
      -


  3.00
Iron Dragon
1
      -
      -
      1
      -
      -
      -


  3.00
Organic Soup
2
  1.5
  0.5
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -

  1.25
Russian Railroads
2
     - 
      1
      1
      -

      -
      -
      -
  2.50
Trans America
1
      -
      1
      -
      -
      -
      -


  2.00
Tsuro
1
      -
      -
      -
      1
      -
      -


  4.00
Wildcatters
3
      1
      1
      -
      1




  2.33
Yunnan
3
      -
      1
      1
      1
      -



  3.00
Totals
20
  3.5
  4.5
      7
      5
      -
      -
      -
      -
  2.68


Lifetime

Since I started tracking my game plays in April 2013 I have played 168 games at 68 events for an average of 2.47 games per event.

I have won 34 games and have lifetime standing of 2.51.

The five games I have played the most are as follows:

Game
No. of Plays
1st
2nd
3rd
4th
5th
6th
7th
8th
 Avg.
Iron Dragon
10
      3
      3
      3
      1
      -
      -


        2.20
India Rails
8
      -
      4
      4
      -
      -
      -


        2.50
Martian Rails
8
      1
      4
      3
      -
      -
      -


        2.25
Empire Builder
6
      -
      1
      4
      -
      1
      -


        3.17
Russian Railroads
6
      -
      3
      3
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -
        2.50

It was not a great start to the year but not the worst.  I will start up year to date tracking again next month.

No comments :

Post a Comment