Sunday, April 20, 2014

One Year and Counting, Tabletop Game Central Reaches Its First Year Anniversary



One year ago today I created and posted my first article on Tabletop Game Central.

In that article I briefly recounted my experience as a tabletop gamer and what my initial goals were.  I believe that I have achieved some of the things that I wished to accomplish, namely being a place where people can find out about games and what is going on at the game companies that they love.  I have also a good start at creating a calendar of gaming events so that people can find gaming events in their area.  I have also made some layout improvements to the pages in order to make it easier to find the things that they are looking for.

In the effort to maintain and improve the cosmetic parts of the blog, I have let a couple of things fall by the wayside.  The most important of which is my writing of original content.  Two features that I used to do on a regular basis, game reviews and Hook, Line and Sinker have not been written in months.  This is unfortunate as I really did enjoy writing these.  I have used my after action reports to as a form of review but in my mind they pale in comparison.  As for the Hook, Line and Sinker, I let myself believe I was not finding the inspiration to write them, but in truth I was not looking for the inspiration either.

My goal for this year is to get back to the basics and produce more original content for the blog.  I will need to start producing game reviews and the like on a more regular basis.  Currently I plan to have at least one game review a month, but hopefully as I start writing them again I will start to produce them more quickly so you will see them come more frequently.

The last year was a good one.  I hope the next year will be even better.

No comments :

Post a Comment